Thursday, February 20, 2014

First Time Knitted Hat

I knitted my very first hat! I picked up this issue of Taproot, and to my surprise found the sweetest, simplest hat pattern, complete with several modification options. I chose to stick with the original pattern, and once I got started it came together really fast.
I decided to knit the whole thing on my 6mm circular needles. And although they were a bit longer than the circumference of the hat, I used the magic loop method and never had to switch to dpns. I had to start over a few times because I kept twisting the ribbing as I was going around....I once even started knitting in the wrong direction!
It is defiantly not perfect, but overall I am really pleased with how it came out. Since I used 100% worsted wool it is super warm and with all this crazy weather it has been nice to have a warm snuggy hat to put on.
Happy Knitting!
And P.S. my sweater knitting is also coming along famously. Just finished the hip shaping and am just working on about 25 rows of stockinette stitch, and then it is off to make the sleeves :)





No comments:

Post a Comment