Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Emerge

I love painting people + faces. 
I was kind of intimidated by painting anything other than abstraction for a long time. But the human figure is actually really fun, if you have a reference. 
I love to just let the paint flow + just see what I end up with. And that is how I started working in the beginning, spontaneous, colorful, but admittedly hit or miss. But as I have painted more over the years, I find using a picture or really anything as a reference to be much more rewarding.
I would say this work is somewhere in between. I did use a photo for the face, but then kinda just had fun with some swills for the rest. 
Thanks for checking out my work + have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. I really, really like that painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jackie! It was really fun to paint :)

      Delete